Thanks to Safari I discovered a missing </ul> tag. Mozilla and Konqueror displayed everything right, but Safari messed the layout wrong. First I blamed the last Safari security update, but looking closely, I discovered my bad.
Thanks to the helpful guys from #bsdaustria this weblog now has a nice hostname again. In fact three just to be sure.
Thanks to beeble you will get here via http://arved.narf.at/weblog/
Thanks to meep you will get here via http://arved.bugat.at/weblog/
Thanks to josef you will get here via http://arved.daemon.li/weblog/
just w����h! *putting a peg on my nose*
I have updated the INN Howto to reflect my move to CNFS, added a procmail example and some general overhaul.
Francis Strand – How to learn Swedish in 1000 difficult lessons. Francis is an American living in Stockholm, Sweden. Nearly every Blogentry contains a new swedish word to learn.
After I commented out the Blogshares icon a few days ago, because it did not work, I visited the site today, to see whats going on. Blogshares is down because of Technical problems and may or may not come back soon. Of course furious debates and flames are going on in the forum. In one posting I found a link to an interesting article by Clay Shirky about Weblogs and Power laws. Obviously this weblog will never become popular, since it started too late :-).
Since yesterday arved.free-bsd.org is dead. The DynamicDNS provider decided that he needs to earn money. This is second time this happened to me, I really need a better solution.
Several service of mine are affected like:
- The hostname is the primary MX for arved.de. It will probably take until Monday until this gets fixed. Please use other emailadresses instead like arved@FreeBSD.org
- This weblog. I am currently grep’ing through /usr/local/www to find all places where MT hardcoded the link in. A Rebuild unfortunately didn’t change everything
- Links from third party sites, like Google, so probably at the moment no one will read this entry 🙂
In an interesting thread on kdedevelopers.org Aaron Seigo and Brad Hards are discussing strategies how to attract new developers to KDE. Thoughts:
On Saturday I introduced a bug into my .procmailrc which resulted in all my mails being stored in a Folder called “Sender: ” (exercise to the reader: What did I wrong). This is interesting, because I can now say how many emails I get (including spam and mailinglists). The number is impressive: ca. 20/hour. I can easily spent the whole day reading email if I read everything I receive :-).