- Continue studying (10+ ECTS)
- Work: Finish with AWS Competency and release NG firmware version 7.1
- More Sports: Motivate myself to run more than once every other month
- Hardware consolidation: Buy a new Screen. Maybe a NAS or a new Desktop and retire direk.arved.priv.at and sauna.arved.priv.at
- Continue contributing to FreeBSD and Wikipedia.
- Attend a conference, e.g. EuroBSDcon
- Switched jobs; Learned a lot about firewalls (BTN300), AWS and Azure
- Continued studying (12 ECTS points) and learned a lot about TeX
- Traveled to Turkey, Germany and Innsbruck
- Switched the blog to WordPress
- Migrated my Webserver to a new ISP and upgraded it from FreeBSD 9.3 to 10.3
- Retired mchammer.arved.priv.at after 12 years of service (It was the first amd64 dedicated to FreeBSD ports work)
- Wrote 8 Wikipedia articles
- Finished two books in Turkish. Ustam ve Ben by Elif Şafak and En Uzun Gece by Ahmet Altan
- Lost IPv6 connectity at home, thanks to sixxs.net disabling my tunnel.
- No hardware upgrade at home. Still using computers from pre-2010
- Not enough time for OpenSource contributions, especially FreeBSD
Recently i have been pretty busy, because i have moved to a new flat. I don’t have an Internet connection yet, so it will be a few weeks until i will fully reappear on the net.
The new flat is more central, so i will spend a lot less time on public transport.
It is been a while since i wrote anything, things have been pretty busy recently.
At the moment i am in Germany over Christmas hoilidays.
As every year i am still undecided if i will visit 24c3 on my way back home.
One month without an entry, but i am still alive.
Busy at work and enjoying the presummer.
I received a letter from my Ex-ISP and wondered what they want from me. It contained an invoice over three nearly empty pages and the total amount of 0,00 EUR.
In the last years i received invoices with a few Eurocents a few times from various Telcos, but this is the alltime lowest. I wonder if they will send me a similar letter every month and i really wonder what will happen on “21. Mrz 2007” (sic!) as the invoice threatens me that they will debit this amount from my bank account.
– I want one of those new black/red billa.at shirts, the Billa clerks are wearing nowadays. They look like a political statement about our new government, black shirts with a small red stripe.
– I felt like a Starmaniac today, when i nearly ran into Arabella Kiesbauer, while she was talking to her mobile on Wiedener Hauptstrasse.
– It is kind of funny seeing everyone in .at freaking out because of a 100km/h wind.
– I moved the last stuff out of my old appartment. So this means we are approximately 50% done with moving. Now i am waiting for my new carpet so i can finalize my computerroom’s content.
A nice meme, seen here. But it is a bit difficult for me, because i tend to have dedicated machines for different tasks, so here are two examples from two environments of mine:
125 ssh 45 cd 41 sudo 33 telnet 27 ifconfig 26 ping 21 ls 14 svn 13 host 13 grep
118 cd 68 make 64 svn 43 ls 40 vi 23 ssh 18 gvim 16 gcc 15 grep 11 su
I am back from my vacation. Nice Weather, Water 18°C and lots of sand on the beach.
I will post pictures later.
I am now catching up, read most of the several thousand emails (or at least marked most of them as read esp. the Lipstick thread :-), now appling the latest bind and openssl security patches.
Other items on the TODO list: kaffeine and graphting ports need updating, finance minister wants taxes and my university tuition fees.
I am spending time in the office today, because temperatures are again >30°C outside. Sometimes air conditions are a great invention.