My course this term is about ottoman poets. So I will have to study the tezikires. I already got a copy of the Meridith Owens edition of Aşik Çelebi. But others are either difficult to find or expensive. So more visits to the library necessary.
Since yesterday I spend the time I don’t have on Tatoeba translating sentences.
Unfortunately on Tuesday the new term starts, so then I will have even less time to waste on the internet.
- Website switched to Lets Encrypt CA. After Start CA was removed from most browsers, i tried to get an acme-client setup working. Let’s see if the automatic extension in May will work.
- New Phone, after the charger cable of the iPhone broke for the nth time, i bought a Huawei P8. Back to Android. Favorite new application is Clozemaster. So I am even refreshing my french vocabulary now.
- Reading list 2017: Turgenev Ася & Первая любовь (in English of course, but just want to check how wordpress deals with cyrillic)
Finally bought my Christmas present, a new screen. Now I finally have 1920×1080 resolution and a dual screen setup with my old (1280×1024). Feels like I just arrived in the 201x-years.
Additional 51G Hardddisk. *yummy* Now what do I do with this?
How to add the new space to my partition table:
# sudo gpart recover vtbd0 # sudo gpart add -t freebsd-ufs vtbd0
The recover part is apparently necessary, because gpart stores important data at the end of the disk, which after the upgrade isn’t the end anymore.
- Continue studying (10+ ECTS)
- Work: Finish with AWS Competency and release NG firmware version 7.1
- More Sports: Motivate myself to run more than once every other month
- Hardware consolidation: Buy a new Screen. Maybe a NAS or a new Desktop and retire direk.arved.priv.at and sauna.arved.priv.at
- Continue contributing to FreeBSD and Wikipedia.
- Attend a conference, e.g. EuroBSDcon
- Switched jobs; Learned a lot about firewalls (BTN300), AWS and Azure
- Continued studying (12 ECTS points) and learned a lot about TeX
- Traveled to Turkey, Germany and Innsbruck
- Switched the blog to WordPress
- Migrated my Webserver to a new ISP and upgraded it from FreeBSD 9.3 to 10.3
- Retired mchammer.arved.priv.at after 12 years of service (It was the first amd64 dedicated to FreeBSD ports work)
- Wrote 8 Wikipedia articles
- Finished two books in Turkish. Ustam ve Ben by Elif Şafak and En Uzun Gece by Ahmet Altan
- Lost IPv6 connectity at home, thanks to sixxs.net disabling my tunnel.
- No hardware upgrade at home. Still using computers from pre-2010
- Not enough time for OpenSource contributions, especially FreeBSD
If UTF-8 works in xterm but not in Konsole, the solution is to change the default font to “Liberation Mono”
FreeBSD, Why isn’t utf-8 default in 2017?
Welcome to WordPress. Yes, it looks like MovableType is no longer OpenSource, so time to switch to WordPress.